Feb 26, 2009

I will extol you, my God and King

As I sit at my desk, tucked away in a storage closet for graduate students, papers pile up on my desk and my task list grows alarmingly. Yet, I must be still these few minutes at the beginning of my day. I do not know what to write or how to respond. I cannot communicate my thoughts well, nor are my emotions convenient to verbalize. In this moment, I long for the beauty of David’s songs to flow through my mind to my fingers that I might proclaim the beauty of my Savior on this obscure blog. His love is utterly deep, unsearchably so. I long for nothing more than to be swallowed wholly as I seek to know it fully; may it envelope me and cover all I am!
I will extol you, my God and King,
and bless your name forever and ever.
Every day I will bless you
and praise your name forever and ever.
Great is the LORD, and greatly to be praised,
and his greatness is unsearchable.
One generation shall commend your works to another,
and shall declare your mighty acts.
On the glorious splendor of your majesty,
and on your wondrous works, I will meditate.
They shall speak of the might of your awesome deeds,
and I will declare your greatness.
They shall pour forth the fame of your abundant goodness
and shall sing aloud of your righteousness.
Psalm 145:1-7

No comments:

Post a Comment